Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Digesting the lowest rung of pop culture so you don't have to!
Currently there is not many new releases coming out that has excited me lately. Ghost Rider 2 is next film coming out that I’m super psyched for but other than that, we got a while to go until anything else comes out. I don’t usually go to theaters but I might for GH2. The following is a list of films which I’m really eager to see, leading up to the apex (PS I’m not upset if you skip to the bottom first, I always do). One note before we begin, being excited about a film is different than expecting a good film. The excitement for a film is separate than actually watching a film. I could live off the anticipation. It’s odd but that’s how Kyle’s brain works.
8. Total Recall (August) – An adaptation of a Philip K. Dick novel “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale”. Dick is one of my favorite authors and many of his films have been adapted for film. One of his main themes is crossing lines between alternate realities. Colin Farrell is the leading actor, whom I think only appeals to females. I’m torn between this film because I hate that stupid Irish accent Farrell always carry around. I do sincerely hope that he delivers a truly Dickian experience.
7. Snow White and the Huntsman (June)- Yes, I did just say that I am looking forward to seeing K-Stew. The movie looks awesome and I’m not taking it back. I love “Grimm’s Fairy Tales”, especially the German adaptation of “Snow White and the 7 Dwarves” titled 7 Dwarves. I found it on Netflix one night and loved it. Grimm’s Fairy Tales has so many great stories and I think more movies should use it as a basis. From the trailer I gather that there is less focus on the dwarves but that’s okay.
6. The Hobbit (December) – I don’t need to say much. This film will be phenomenal since American filmgoers have understood the awesomeness of Middle Earth.
5. [REC] 3: Genesis (March)- Prequel to the first. Filmed on a handicam. Looks horrific, just likes the 1st and 2nd. All three have such spanish flair. This one has the outbreak occurring at a wedding. It’s a good series and I hope they leave it at that. Let it be known I hate the title.
4. Django Unchained (December) – Newest Tarentino film starring DiCaprio as an antagonist, Jamie Foxx, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Christopher Waltz (Col. Hans from Inglourious Basterds) and the almighty Kurt Russell. It’s about Foxx, a slave-turned-bounty hunter, trying to save his wife from the evil slave lord DiCaprio. I absolutlely love Waltz! He is talented actor and is outstanding in every production. Has Tarantino ever made a film that wasn’t great?
3. The Expendables 2 (August)- What guy wouldn’t be excited to see this?! In particular I’m excited to see Van Damme. I know all of his films are direct-to-video but I absolutely love him. I don’t care much for Chuck Norris but I have the similar fandom for JCVD. I wish we could have seen Tony Jaa in this film but we can still expect to see him in…
2. The Protector 3 – I don’t expect a theatrical release. If Tony Jaa did an original film now, I might hope for it but he has never broken the American movie screens. Jaa is beginning to stand out as one of the best Thai martial artists today. I don’t care what this film is about, I just want to see Jaa knee some guys in the head. Though we must admit that all of his films that hestars in, since Ong Bak 1, have been phenomenal from a martial arts point-of-view.
1. Prometheus (June)- Prequel to Alien, Ridley Scott is again at the helm and we are happy. Scott recognizes that he is making a prequel to the idea and concept of Alien, not the film. In the future, mankind has aquired the ability to travel to our creators. Of course they forgot that in the ship they are traveling on, someone brought along some greed and ruins the hopefully peaceful reunion with our gods. Let it be known that I’m not digging the “space suits” in the marketing picture. Sigourney Weaver made Alien awesome, lets hope this film can still carry it.
Special Notes: I’m not sure if I should be excited for Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (March) or Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (June). The latter has a trailer out that looks awful because I think it’s a for the novel. If I am to get excited about these movies, I have got to hear some new news or a trailer.
Thank you for reading. I’m going to get back to my Friday the 13th marathon on OnDemand. It’s really very demanding to put the ENTIRE series on. Do they expect us to watch every single one? I’ll take that challenge.